At UNIKSPACE, our responsible business journey is built on the foundations of community & longevity and our vision is to create clothing that values the thoughtful and considered art of design, creating an impact that
will transcend the wardrobe.
Our responsible business journey extends to that of our entire supply chain, and our Code of Conduct (Code) has been developed to communicate the minimum expectations of each of our partners. This Code is one of the cornerstones of our journey, and we will work collectively with our supply chain to ensure that positive and responsible business practices are upheld, across all Tiers.
Our labour practices are based on the foundations of the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) base code, which is based on the conventions of the International Labour Organisation (ILO). We also respect and work to the local laws of our partners.
The ETI base Code states;
1. Employment is freely chosen
2. Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
3. Working conditions are safe and hygienic
4. Child labour shall not be used
5. Living wages are paid
6. Working hours are not excessive
7. No discrimination is practiced
8. Regular employment is provided
9. No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
These principles must be upheld across our value chain, and at time UNIKSPACE may request information to validate the principles of this Code are being upheld. UNIKSPACE may request that third-party audits are undertaken, both announced and un-announced, and relevant documentation must be presented. In the case that there are non-compliances, the team at UNIKSPACE will work collaboratively with our partners to correct them.
Our team are also working to reduce the environmental impact that our production and operations has on the planet. In this light, all partners must demonstrate;
1. There are no restricted substances or hazardous chemicals utilised in the production of our products
2. Efforts are made to reduce the use of water and energy and transition from single use plastic