Our responsible business journey is built on the foundations of community and longevity. Realising the importance of putting people and the planet before prosperity. How we operate in this world is very important to us at UNIKSPACE, and we want to connect with people and planet in the best way possible.
Since launching UNIKSPACE, we have:
- Promoted responsible consumerism by offering timeless designs made from high quality natural fibres, encouraging women to choose well and buy less, being part of the slow fashion movement.
- Never used plastic in our packaging, sending all our online orders in fully compostable satchels including compostable packaging tape.
- Since 2019 (after 6 months in business) we converted our production packaging to 100% compostable satchels instead of using single use plastic packaging, which inspired our manufacturer to replace single use plastic satchels with compostable satchels across all her clients.
- Only used 100% natural materials for our garments, including our buttons which are made of natural shell instead of plastic. This means our garments can decompose and become part of the earth again at the end of its life, instead of going to landfill.
- Produced in small numbers responding to customer demand, thus eliminating oversupply and unnecessary wastage.
- Always used 100% recycled paper printed with soy ink for all our branding and packaging, such as business cards, postcards, tissue paper and swingtags.
- We only partner with independent and honest brands that have a similar ethos to us; honouring the hand-made, and use only natural and non-toxic ingredients.
- Operating our showroom responsibly, sorting waste thoughtfully, recycling and composting where possible to eliminate landfill.
- November 2020 we partnered with Ecologi to offset part of our carbon footprint through supporting certified environmental projects and planting trees.
- August 2021 we introduced FSC Certified 100% recycled paper satchels, boxes and packaging tape to send our online orders in; both fully recyclable and compostable.
- August 2021 we partnered with prAna sustainable packaging, joining the Responsible Packaging Movement, a platform for collaboration to #reshapepackaging.
- August 2021 we partnered with i=Change, proudly giving our customers the opportunity to shop with purpose, donating $1 from every sale to one of our nominated charities.
- Since starting UNIKSPACE, we have supported various charities. Read more about the different projects we support here.
We are proud of the achievements we have made this far, and understand our sustainability journey has only just begun. We are committed to the continuous learning required to ensure we are making the best decisions for our environment, people and the planet.
Read more about our responsible business journey #UNIKConnected.